An introduction to modern immunology and it’s important applications. Lectures include general properties of immune system, cells and tissues of immune system, humoral and cellular immune responses, antibody structure and biosynthesis, antigen-antibody interactions, tumor immunology, and autoimmunity
The objective of this course is to learn about the component of the immune system as well as their functions. The student will learn about antigen presentation, humoral immune response, cellular immune response, inflammation, complement and cytokines. The student should known different categories of diseases related to the immune system such as hypersensitivity reactions and autoimmunity.
At the end of this course student will be able to demonstrate basic knowledge in each of the followings:
1. Description of the cells, organs and tissues of immune
2. Description of antibodies structures and types
3. Knowledge of mechanisms of innate immunity
4. Recognition of the humoral and cell mediated immune
5. Description of antigen presentation and the major
6. Describe mechanisms of inflammation
7. Explain hypersensitivity reactions and autoimmunity.
Immunology. David Male, Jonathan Brostoff, David B Roth, Ivan M Roitt. 8th Ed. 2013.
Basic Immunology Abul K. Abbas and Andrew H. Lichtman. 3thEd. 2011