In the first year, the student had taken the course entitled (Basics of Architectural Design 1&2). From this course students recognize fundamental concepts about architectural composition and basic architecture elements.
In this course students will learn design process that includes the role of data collection, analysis, project design and spatial organization. This course will utilize design projects ranging in scale from small to medium to give students insight into the process by which architects work both individually and collaboratively to put disciplinary knowledge and expertise into practice.
Students work individually or in team on number of projects that introduce them to different phases including data collection, conception, design development, project layout and presentation. In addition, students work in teams on design projects concentrating on analysis and decision-making, and also will learn more about the basic rules of design which are: Construction (Materials and techniques), Function (environment, social, spaces and circulation), Form (style, building type and esthetics).
This course aims at studying the architectural design process and methodologies. Students apply these principles in the studio, which based at:
1. Ranking the design stages starting with the general idea, reaching the end of the details.
2. Applying analytic techniques and problem-solving methodologies.
3. Good knowledge of functional relations in the Architectural Plan.
4. Identifying the elements of Architectural drawings and produce 2D and 3D Drawings including free had sketching.
5. Working within the three -dimensional spaces – be able to imagine and evaluate the quality of the created spaces.
Upon completion of this course the student should be able to achieve the following: